Our innovative skateboard training service, SkateboardEDU, which has been approved by Boston-area Park & Rec camp programs, is now available for individuals. Private lessons and small group skateboard instruction are focused on the specific goals and skills of each skateboarder and led by Ben Kerrigan, founder of SkateCatalyst and BostonSkateboarder.com.
Our expert instruction guarantees all students will be skateboarding on their very first lesson!
As an experienced and certified skateboard instructor, Ben offers:
- one-on-one private skateboard lessons
- customized skate coaching suitable to anyone of any age or experience level
- convenient lesson locations throughout the Greater Boston area
- a nationally-recognized accreditation and curriculum: Skateboarders for Public Skateparks
Skateboard instruction for adults and kids!
The beginner, intermediate, and advanced programs use a safe, stress-free approach tailored to each skateboarder.
- Our young, beginner skateboarder programs (ages 6 – 12) feature a developmental approach that enhances fundamentals.
- We also offer lessons to teens, college-age students and adults…penny boards, cruisers and longboards of all sizes and shapes welcome!
- For the experienced skateboarder, we offer “Train Like a Pro” Bootcamps, ProTricks and TuneUp sessions in more challenging settings which accelerate mastery and build targeted skills and tricks. These programs are ideal for teens or adults with intermediate skills.
- Video recording of skate lessons are available and can be shared privately to help track progress and develop proper body position.
Schedule a Lesson Today!
Discover what a difference a local skateboard coach like Ben can do to simplify the learning process.
The Skate Catalyst Difference: Safety, Guidance & Convenience
Ben is First Aid/CPR Certified, and has a current CORI to work with children. If you or your child does not currently have safety equipment, a helmet can be provided at no cost.
Ben patiently guides students through step-by-step techniques that increase agility, confidence and mastery. Skateboarding fundamentals are emphasized and tricks are appropriate to the level of the skater (beginning skateboarder, intermediate skateboarder, advanced skateboarder).
- $37 – 49 / Student/ Session – Single 1-hr Skateboarding Lesson
- $32 – 35 / Student / Session – 1-hr Group/Semi-private (Min. two students.)
If you have a special request, concern or specific lesson situation, please tell us know…we are focused on tailoring a unique learning opportunity which engages the student, kindles an interest in skateboarding and supports an active lifestyle! Learn more by reading client reviews.
Ben makes every effort to deliver lessons close to you! Sessions can be arranged lessons at skate spots near your home, work or school, or at local skateparks in and around Metro West Boston.
Are you just visiting the Boston area? We’re excited to offer a special skate spot tour service for out-of-town skateboarders!